• Chastise Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To inflict pain upon, by means of stripes, or in any other manner, for the purpose of punishment or reformation; to punish, as with stripes.
- (v. t.) To reduce to order or obedience; to correct or purify; to free from faults or excesses.
• Chastisement Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of chastising; pain inflicted for punishment and correction; discipline; punishment.
• Chastiser Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who chastises; a punisher; a corrector.