• Chat Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To talk in a light and familiar manner; to converse without form or ceremony; to gossip.
- (n.) Small stones with ore.
- (v. t.) To talk of.
- (n.) A bird of the genus Icteria, allied to the warblers, in America. The best known species are the yellow-breasted chat (I. viridis), and the long-tailed chat (I. longicauda). In Europe the name is given to several birds of the family Saxicolidae, as the stonechat, and whinchat.
- (n.) A twig, cone, or little branch. See Chit.
- (n.) Light, familiar talk; conversation; gossip.
• Chattering Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Chatter
- (n.) The act or habit of talking idly or rapidly, or of making inarticulate sounds; the sounds so made; noise made by the collision of the teeth; chatter.
• Chateau Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A manor house or residence of the lord of the manor; a gentlemans country seat; also, particularly, a royal residence; as, the chateau of the Louvre; the chateau of the Luxembourg.
- (n.) A castle or a fortress in France.