• Chatter Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To make a noise by rapid collisions.
- (n.) Sounds like those of a magpie or monkey; idle talk; rapid, thoughtless talk; jabber; prattle.
- (v. t.) To utter rapidly, idly, or indistinctly.
- (n.) Noise made by collision of the teeth, as in shivering.
- (v. i.) To utter sounds which somewhat resemble language, but are inarticulate and indistinct.
- (v. i.) To talk idly, carelessly, or with undue rapidity; to jabber; to prate.
• Chattering Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Chatter
- (n.) The act or habit of talking idly or rapidly, or of making inarticulate sounds; the sounds so made; noise made by the collision of the teeth; chatter.
• Chatteration Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act or habit of chattering.