• Chemist Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A person versed in chemistry or given to chemical investigation; an analyst; a maker or seller of chemicals or drugs.
• Chemistry Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A treatise on chemistry.
- (n.) That branch of science which treats of the composition of substances, and of the changes which they undergo in consequence of alterations in the constitution of the molecules, which depend upon variations of the number, kind, or mode of arrangement, of the constituent atoms. These atoms are not assumed to be indivisible, but merely the finest grade of subdivision hitherto attained. Chemistry deals with the changes in the composition and constitution of molecules. See Atom, Molecule.
- (n.) An application of chemical theory and method to the consideration of some particular subject; as, the chemistry of iron; the chemistry of indigo.