• Chevron Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of the nine honorable ordinaries, consisting of two broad bands of the width of the bar, issuing, respectively from the dexter and sinister bases of the field and conjoined at its center.
- (n.) A distinguishing mark, above the elbow, on the sleeve of a non-commissioned officers coat.
- (n.) A zigzag molding, or group of moldings, common in Norman architecture.
• Chevronel Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A bearing like a chevron, but of only half its width.
• Chevronwise Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In the manner of a chevron; as, the field may be divided chevronwise.