• Chicane Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To use shifts, cavils, or artifices.
- (n.) The use of artful subterfuge, designed to draw away attention from the merits of a case or question; -- specifically applied to legal proceedings; trickery; chicanery; caviling; sophistry.
- (n.) In bridge, the holding of a hand without trumps, or the hand itself. It counts as simple honors.
• Chicanery Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Mean or unfair artifice to perplex a cause and obscure the truth; stratagem; sharp practice; sophistry.