• Childed Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Furnished with a child.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Child
• Child Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A young person of either sex. esp. one between infancy and youth; hence, one who exhibits the characteristics of a very young person, as innocence, obedience, trustfulness, limited understanding, etc.
- (v. i.) To give birth; to produce young.
- (n.) A noble youth. See Childe.
- (n.) A descendant, however remote; -- used esp. in the plural; as, the children of Israel; the children of Edom.
- (n.) A female infant.
- (n.) One who, by character of practice, shows signs of relationship to, or of the influence of, another; one closely connected with a place, occupation, character, etc.; as, a child of God; a child of the devil; a child of disobedience; a child of toil; a child of the people.
- (n.) A son or a daughter; a male or female descendant, in the first degree; the immediate progeny of human parents; -- in law, legitimate offspring. Used also of animals and plants.
• Childe Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A cognomen formerly prefixed to his name by the oldest son, until he succeeded to his ancestral titles, or was knighted; as, Childe Roland.