• Chink Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Money; cash.
- (n.) A short, sharp sound, as of metal struck with a slight degree of violence.
- (v. i.) To make a slight, sharp, metallic sound, as by the collision of little pieces of money, or other small sonorous bodies.
- (v. t.) To cause to open in cracks or fissures.
- (v. t.) To cause to make a sharp metallic sound, as coins, small pieces of metal, etc., by bringing them into collision with each other.
- (n.) A small cleft, rent, or fissure, of greater length than breadth; a gap or crack; as, the chinks of wall.
- (v. i.) To crack; to open.
- (v. t.) To fill up the chinks of; as, to chink a wall.
• Chinked Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Chink