• Choruses Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Chorus
• Chorus Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To sing in chorus; to exclaim simultaneously.
- (n.) The simultaneous of a company in any noisy demonstration; as, a Chorus of shouts and catcalls.
- (n.) A company of persons supposed to behold what passed in the acts of a tragedy, and to sing the sentiments which the events suggested in couplets or verses between the acts; also, that which was thus sung by the chorus.
- (n.) Parts of a song or hymn recurring at intervals, as at the end of stanzas; also, a company of singers who join with the singer or choir in singer or choir in singing such parts.
- (n.) A band of singers and dancers.
- (n.) A company of singers singing in concert.
- (n.) A composition of two or more parts, each of which is intended to be sung by a number of voices.
- (n.) An interpreter in a dumb show or play.