• Christen Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To give a name; to denominate.
- (v. t.) To baptize and give a Christian name to.
- (v. t.) To Christianize.
- (v. t.) To use for the first time.
• Christening Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Christen
• Christendom Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That portion of the world in which Christianity prevails, or which is governed under Christian institutions, in distinction from heathen or Mohammedan lands.
- (n.) The profession of faith in Christ by baptism; hence, the Christian religion, or the adoption of it.
- (n.) The whole body of Christians.
- (n.) The name received at baptism; or, more generally, any name or appelation.