• Cinched Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Cinch
• Cinch Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A strong saddle girth, as of canvas.
- (n.) A tight grip.
- (v. i.) To perform the action of cinching; to tighten the cinch; -- often with up.
- (v. t.) In the game of cinch, to protect (a trick) by playing a higher trump than the five.
- (v. t.) To put a cinch upon; to girth tightly.
- (v. t.) To get a sure hold upon; to get into a tight place, as for forcing submission.
- (n.) A variety of auction pitch in which a draw to improve the hand is added, and the five of trumps (called right pedro) and the five of the same color (called left pedro, and ranking between the five and the four of trumps) each count five on the score. Fifty-one points make a game. Called also double pedro and high five.