• Circling Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Circle
• Circle Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Indirect form of words; circumlocution.
- (n.) A circular group of persons; a ring.
- (n.) An instrument of observation, the graduated limb of which consists of an entire circle.
- (n.) A round body; a sphere; an orb.
- (n.) To move around; to revolve around.
- (n.) Compass; circuit; inclosure.
- (n.) A territorial division or district.
- (n.) A series ending where it begins, and repeating itself.
- (n.) A form of argument in which two or more unproved statements are used to prove each other; inconclusive reasoning.
- (n.) To encompass, as by a circle; to surround; to inclose; to encircle.
- (v. i.) To move circularly; to form a circle; to circulate.
- (n.) A company assembled, or conceived to assemble, about a central point of interest, or bound by a common tie; a class or division of society; a coterie; a set.
- (n.) The line that bounds such a figure; a circumference; a ring.
- (n.) A plane figure, bounded by a single curve line called its circumference, every part of which is equally distant from a point within it, called the center.
, Dress circle