• Cited Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Cite
• Cit Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A citizen; an inhabitant of a city; a pert townsman; -- used contemptuously.
• Cite Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To refer to or specify, as for support, proof, illustration, or confirmation.
- (v. t.) To call upon officially or authoritatively to appear, as before a court; to summon.
- (v. t.) To quote; to repeat, as a passage from a book, or the words of another.
- (v. t.) To urge; to enjoin.
- (v. t.) To bespeak; to indicate.
- (v. t.) To notify of a proceeding in court.