• Clasping Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Clasp
• Clasp Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To inclose and hold in the hand or with the arms; to grasp; to embrace.
- (v. t.) To shut or fasten together with, or as with, a clasp; to shut or fasten (a clasp, or that which fastens with a clasp).
- (n.) An adjustable catch, bent plate, or hook, for holding together two objects or the parts of anything, as the ends of a belt, the covers of a book, etc.
- (v. t.) To surround and cling to; to entwine about.
- (n.) A close embrace; a throwing of the arms around; a grasping, as with the hand.