• Clatter Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To make a rattling sound by striking hard bodies together; to make a succession of abrupt, rattling sounds.
- (n.) Rapid, noisy talk; babble; chatter.
- (n.) Commotion; disturbance.
- (n.) A rattling noise, esp. that made by the collision of hard bodies; also, any loud, abrupt sound; a repetition of abrupt sounds.
- (v. i.) To talk fast and noisily; to rattle with the tongue.
- (v. t.) To make a rattling noise with.
• Clatteringly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) With clattering.
• Clattering Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Clatter