• Cleft Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A disease in horses; a crack on the band of the pastern.
- (p. p.) of Cleave
- () imp. & p. p. from Cleave.
- (imp.) of Cleave
- (n.) A space or opening made by splitting; a crack; a crevice; as, the cleft of a rock.
- (a.) Divided; split; partly divided or split.
- (a.) Incised nearly to the midrib; as, a cleft leaf.
- (n.) A piece made by splitting; as, a cleft of wood.
• Cleftgraft Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To ingraft by cleaving the stock and inserting a scion.