• Clicked Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Click
• Click Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To snatch.
- (n.) The latch of a door.
- (v. t.) To move with the sound of a click.
- (v. i.) To make a slight, sharp noise (or a succession of such noises), as by gentle striking; to tick.
- (n.) A kind of articulation used by the natives of Southern Africa, consisting in a sudden withdrawal of the end or some other portion of the tongue from a part of the mouth with which it is in contact, whereby a sharp, clicking sound is produced. The sounds are four in number, and are called cerebral, palatal, dental, and lateral clicks or clucks, the latter being the noise ordinarily used in urging a horse forward.
- (n.) A slight sharp noise, such as is made by the cocking of a pistol.
- (v. t.) To cause to make a clicking noise, as by striking together, or against something.
- (n.) A detent, pawl, or ratchet, as that which catches the cogs of a ratchet wheel to prevent backward motion. See Illust. of Ratched wheel.