• Cling Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cause to adhere to, especially by twining round or embracing.
- (v. t.) To make to dry up or wither.
- (v. i.) To adhere closely; to stick; to hold fast, especially by twining round or embracing; as, the tendril of a vine clings to its support; -- usually followed by to or together.
- (n.) Adherence; attachment; devotion.
• Clingstone Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A fruit, as a peach, whose flesh adheres to the stone.
- (a.) Having the flesh attached closely to the stone, as in some kinds of peaches.
• Clingy Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Apt to cling; adhesive.
• Clinging Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Cling