• Cloistered Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Cloister
- (a.) Furnished with cloisters.
- (a.) Dwelling in cloisters; solitary.
• Cloister Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) the series of such passages on the different sides of any court, esp. that of a monastery or a college.
- (v. t.) A covered passage or ambulatory on one side of a court;
- (v. t.) To confine in, or as in, a cloister; to seclude from the world; to immure.
- (v. t.) A monastic establishment; a place for retirement from the world for religious duties.
- (v. t.) An inclosed place.