• Closure Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) A method of putting an end to debate and securing an immediate vote upon a measure before a legislative body. It is similar in effect to the previous question. It was first introduced into the British House of Commons in 1882. The French word cloture was originally applied to this proceeding.
- (v. t.) That which incloses or confines; an inclosure.
- (v. t.) A conclusion; an end.
- (v. t.) The act of shutting; a closing; as, the closure of a chink.
- (v. t.) That which closes or shuts; that by which separate parts are fastened or closed.