• Clothing Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The art of process of making cloth.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Clothe
- (n.) Garments in general; clothes; dress; raiment; covering.
- (n.) See Card clothing, under 3d Card.
- (n.) A covering of non-conducting material on the outside of a boiler, or steam chamber, to prevent radiation of heat.
• Cloth Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The dress; raiment. [Obs.] See Clothes.
- (n.) The distinctive dress of any profession, especially of the clergy; hence, the clerical profession.
- (n.) A fabric made of fibrous material (or sometimes of wire, as in wire cloth); commonly, a woven fabric of cotton, woolen, or linen, adapted to be made into garments; specifically, woolen fabrics, as distinguished from all others.
• Clothe Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To put garments on; to cover with clothing; to dress.
- (v. i.) To wear clothes.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To cover or invest, as with a garment; as, to clothe one with authority or power.
- (v. t.) To provide with clothes; as, to feed and clothe a family; to clothe ones self extravagantly.