• Club Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To pay on equal or proportionate share of a common charge or expense; to pay for something by contribution.
- (v. t.) To raise, or defray, by a proportional assesment; as, to club the expense.
- (v. i.) To form a club; to combine for the promotion of some common object; to unite.
- (n.) Any card of the suit of cards having a figure like the trefoil or clover leaf. (pl.) The suit of cards having such figure.
- (v. t.) To beat with a club.
- (n.) A joint charge of expense, or any persons share of it; a contribution to a common fund.
- (n.) A heavy staff of wood, usually tapering, and wielded the hand; a weapon; a cudgel.
- (v. t.) To throw, or allow to fall, into confusion.
- (v. t.) To unite, or contribute, for the accomplishment of a common end; as, to club exertions.
- (v. i.) To drift in a current with an anchor out.
- (n.) An association of persons for the promotion of some common object, as literature, science, politics, good fellowship, etc.; esp. an association supported by equal assessments or contributions of the members.
• Clubbable Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Suitable for membership in a club; sociable.
• Clubbist Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A member of a club; a frequenter of clubs.