• Clue Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A loop and thimbles at the corner of a sail.
- (n.) A lower corner of a square sail, or the after corner of a fore-and-aft sail.
- (n.) That which guides or directs one in anything of a doubtful or intricate nature; that which gives a hint in the solution of a mystery.
- (n.) A ball of thread, yarn, or cord; also, The thread itself.
- (n.) A ball of thread; a thread or other means of guidance. Same as Clew.
- (n.) A combination of lines or nettles by which a hammock is suspended.