• Coached Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Coach
• Coach Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A large, closed, four-wheeled carriage, having doors in the sides, and generally a front and back seat inside, each for two persons, and an elevated outside seat in front for the driver.
- (n.) A cabin on the after part of the quarter-deck, usually occupied by the captain.
- (n.) A special tutor who assists in preparing a student for examination; a trainer; esp. one who trains a boats crew for a race.
- (v. t.) To convey in a coach.
- (n.) A first-class passenger car, as distinguished from a drawing-room car, sleeping car, etc. It is sometimes loosely applied to any passenger car.
- (v. i.) To drive or to ride in a coach; -- sometimes used with
- (v. t.) To prepare for public examination by private instruction; to train by special instruction.