• Cockling Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Cockle
• Cockle Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The dome of a heating furnace.
- (v. t.) To cause to contract into wrinkles or ridges, as some kinds of cloth after a wetting.
- (n.) A cockleshell.
- (n.) A bivalve mollusk, with radiating ribs, of the genus Cardium, especially C. edule, used in Europe for food; -- sometimes applied to similar shells of other genera.
- (n.) The mineral black tourmaline or schorl; -- so called by the Cornish miners.
- (n.) A plant or weed that grows among grain; the corn rose (Luchnis Githage).
- (n.) A hop-drying kiln; an oast.
- (n.) The fire chamber of a furnace.
- (n.) The Lotium, or darnel.