• Coincide Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To occupy the same place in space, as two equal triangles, when placed one on the other.
- (n.) To correspond exactly; to agree; to concur; as, our aims coincide.
- (n.) To occur at the same time; to be contemporaneous; as, the fall of Granada coincided with the discovery of America.
• Coincidence Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Exact correspondence in nature, character, result, circumstances, etc.; concurrence; agreement.
- (n.) The condition of occupying the same place in space; as, the coincidence of circles, surfaces, etc.
- (n.) The condition or fact of happening at the same time; as, the coincidence of the deaths of John Adams and Thomas Jefferson.