• Cold Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To become cold.
- (n.) Unwelcome; disagreeable; unsatisfactory.
- (n.) Not sensitive; not acute.
- (n.) A morbid state of the animal system produced by exposure to cold or dampness; a catarrh.
- (n.) Distant; -- said, in the game of hunting for some object, of a seeker remote from the thing concealed.
- (n.) Wanting in ardor, intensity, warmth, zeal, or passion; spiritless; unconcerned; reserved.
- (n.) Lacking the sensation of warmth; suffering from the absence of heat; chilly; shivering; as, to be cold.
- (n.) Not pungent or acrid.
- (n.) Deprived of heat, or having a low temperature; not warm or hot; gelid; frigid.
- (n.) The sensation produced by the escape of heat; chilliness or chillness.
- (n.) Affecting the sense of smell (as of hunting dogs) but feebly; having lost its odor; as, a cold scent.
- (n.) The relative absence of heat or warmth.
- (n.) Having a bluish effect. Cf. Warm, 8.
- (n.) Wanting in power to excite; dull; uninteresting.
• Col Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A short ridge connecting two higher elevations or mountains; the pass over such a ridge.
• Cold-short Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Brittle when cold; as, cold-short iron.
- (a.) Brittle when cold (that is, below a red heat).
• Coldfinch Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A British wagtail.