• Collected Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Gathered together.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Collect
- (a.) Self-possessed; calm; composed.
• Collect Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) A short, comprehensive prayer, adapted to a particular day, occasion, or condition, and forming part of a liturgy.
- (v. i.) To assemble together; as, the people collected in a crowd; to accumulate; as, snow collects in banks.
- (v. i.) To infer; to conclude.
- (v. t.) To infer from observed facts; to conclude from premises.
- (v. t.) To gather into one body or place; to assemble or bring together; to obtain by gathering.
- (v. t.) To demand and obtain payment of, as an account, or other indebtedness; as, to collect taxes.
• Collectedness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A collected state of the mind; self-possession.
• Collectedly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) Composedly; coolly.