• Comfortable Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Strong; vigorous; valiant.
- (n.) A stuffed or quilted coverlet for a bed; a comforter; a comfort.
- (a.) Free, or comparatively free, from pain or distress; -- used of a sick person.
- (a.) Serviceable; helpful.
- (a.) Affording or imparting comfort or consolation; able to comfort; cheering; as, a comfortable hope.
- (a.) In a condition of comfort; having comforts; not suffering or anxious; hence, contented; cheerful; as, to lead a comfortable life.
• Comfortableness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) State of being comfortable.