• Commitment Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of referring or intrusting to a committee for consideration and report; as, the commitment of a petition or a bill.
- (n.) The act of committing, or putting in charge, keeping, or trust; consignment; esp., the act of committing to prison.
- (n.) A doing, or perpetration, in a bad sense, as of a crime or blunder; commission.
- (n.) A warrant or order for the imprisonment of a person; -- more frequently termed a mittimus.
- (n.) The act of pledging or engaging; the act of exposing, endangering, or compromising; also, the state of being pledged or engaged.