• Communion Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The sacrament of the eucharist; the celebration of the Lords supper; the act of partaking of the sacrament; as, to go to communion; to partake of the communion.
- (n.) A body of Christians having one common faith and discipline; as, the Presbyterian communion.
- (n.) The act of sharing; community; participation.
- (n.) Intercourse between two or more persons; esp., intimate association and intercourse implying sympathy and confidence; interchange of thoughts, purposes, etc.; agreement; fellowship; as, the communion of saints.