• Compact Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To thrust, drive, or press closely together; to join firmly; to consolidate; to make close; -- as the parts which compose a body.
- (p. p. & a) Closely or firmly united, as the particles of solid bodies; firm; close; solid; dense.
- (p. p. & a) Composed or made; -- with of.
- (n.) An agreement between parties; a covenant or contract.
- (p. p. & a) Brief; close; pithy; not diffuse; not verbose; as, a compact discourse.
- (v. t.) To unite or connect firmly, as in a system.
- (p. p. & a) Joined or held together; leagued; confederated.
• Compactedly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a compact manner.
• Compactness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state or quality of being compact; close union of parts; density.