• Compel Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To call forth; to summon.
- (v. t.) To force to yield; to overpower; to subjugate.
- (v. t.) To take by force or violence; to seize; to exact; to extort.
- (v. t.) To drive or urge with force, or irresistibly; to force; to constrain; to oblige; to necessitate, either by physical or moral force.
- (v. i.) To make one yield or submit.
- (v. t.) To gather or unite in a crowd or company.
• Compellably Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) By compulsion.
• Compellative Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The name by which a person is addressed; an appellative.