• Compone Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To compose; to settle; to arrange.
- (a.) See Compony.
- (a.) Divided into squares of alternate tinctures in a single row; -- said of any bearing; or, in the case of a bearing having curved lines, divided into patches of alternate colors following the curve. If there are two rows it is called counter-compony.
• Component Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A constituent part; an ingredient.
- (v. t.) Serving, or helping, to form; composing; constituting; constituent.