• Composing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Compose
- (a.) Pertaining to, or used in, composition.
- (a.) Tending to compose or soothe.
• Compose Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To free from agitation or disturbance; to tranquilize; to soothe; to calm; to quiet.
- (v. t.) To construct by mental labor; to design and execute, or put together, in a manner involving the adaptation of forms of expression to ideas, or to the laws of harmony or proportion; as, to compose a sentence, a sermon, a symphony, or a picture.
- (v. i.) To come to terms.
- (v. t.) To form by putting together two or more things or parts; to put together; to make up; to fashion.
- (v. t.) To form the substance of, or part of the substance of; to constitute.
- (v. t.) To arrange (types) in a composing stick in order for printing; to set (type).
- (v. t.) To dispose in proper form; to reduce to order; to put in proper state or condition; to adjust; to regulate.