• Compromising Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Compromise
• Compromise Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To adjust and settle by mutual concessions; to compound.
- (n.) A settlement by arbitration or by mutual consent reached by concession on both sides; a reciprocal abatement of extreme demands or rights, resulting in an agreement.
- (n.) To bind by mutual agreement; to agree.
- (n.) To pledge by some act or declaration; to endanger the life, reputation, etc., of, by some act which can not be recalled; to expose to suspicion.
- (v. i.) To make concession for conciliation and peace.
- (v. i.) To agree; to accord.
- (n.) A mutual agreement to refer matters in dispute to the decision of arbitrators.
- (n.) A committal to something derogatory or objectionable; a prejudicial concession; a surrender; as, a compromise of character or right.