• Con Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) Against the affirmative side; in opposition; on the negative side; -- The antithesis of pro, and usually in connection with it. See Pro.
- (v. t.) To know; to understand; to acknowledge.
- (v. t.) To study in order to know; to peruse; to learn; to commit to memory; to regard studiously.
- (v. t.) To conduct, or superintend the steering of (a vessel); to watch the course of (a vessel) and direct the helmsman how to steer.
• Concavity Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A concave surface, or the space bounded by it; the state of being concave.
• Concavo-convex Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Concave on one side and convex on the other, as an eggshell or a crescent.
- (a.) Specifically, having such a combination of concave and convex sides as makes the focal axis the shortest line between them. See Illust. under Lens.