• Condition Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Essential quality; property; attribute.
- (n.) Mode or state of being; state or situation with regard to external circumstances or influences, or to physical or mental integrity, health, strength, etc.; predicament; rank; position, estate.
- (n.) To invest with, or limit by, conditions; to burden or qualify by a condition; to impose or be imposed as the condition of.
- (n.) To test or assay, as silk (to ascertain the proportion of moisture it contains).
- (n.) To contract; to stipulate; to agree.
- (n.) Temperament; disposition; character.
- (v. i.) To impose upon an object those relations or conditions without which knowledge and thought are alleged to be impossible.
- (n.) A clause in a contract, or agreement, which has for its object to suspend, to defeat, or in some way to modify, the principal obligation; or, in case of a will, to suspend, revoke, or modify a devise or bequest. It is also the case of a future uncertain event, which may or may not happen, and on the occurrence or non-occurrence of which, the accomplishment, recission, or modification of an obligation or testamentary disposition is made to depend.
- (n.) To put under conditions; to require to pass a new examination or to make up a specified study, as a condition of remaining in ones class or in college; as, to condition a student who has failed in some branch of study.
- (v. i.) To make terms; to stipulate.
- (n.) That which must exist as the occasion or concomitant of something else; that which is requisite in order that something else should take effect; an essential qualification; stipulation; terms specified.
- (n.) train; acclimate.
• Conditionate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To put under conditions; to render conditional.
- (v. t.) Conditional.
- (v. t.) To qualify by conditions; to regulate.
• Conditional Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A conditional word, mode, or proposition.
- (a.) Containing, implying, or depending on, a condition or conditions; not absolute; made or granted on certain terms; as, a conditional promise.
- (n.) A limitation.
- (a.) Expressing a condition or supposition; as, a conditional word, mode, or tense.