• Conductor Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The leader or director of an orchestra or chorus.
- (n.) One who, or that which, conducts; a leader; a commander; a guide; a manager; a director.
- (n.) A substance or body capable of being a medium for the transmission of certain forces, esp. heat or electricity; specifically, a lightning rod.
- (n.) One in charge of a public conveyance, as of a railroad train or a street car.
- (n.) Same as Leader.
- (n.) A grooved sound or staff used for directing instruments, as lithontriptic forceps, etc.; a director.
• Conductory Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having the property of conducting.