• Confessed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Confess
• Confess Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To acknowledge; to admit; to concede.
- (v. i.) To make confession; to disclose sins or faults, or the state of the conscience.
- (v. t.) To admit as true; to assent to; to acknowledge, as after a previous doubt, denial, or concealment.
- (v. t.) To make acknowledgment or avowal in a matter pertaining to ones self; to acknowledge, own, or admit, as a crime, a fault, a debt.
- (v. t.) To disclose or reveal, as an effect discloses its cause; to prove; to attest.
- (v. t.) To acknowledge faith in; to profess belief in.
- (v. t.) To hear or receive such confession; -- said of a priest.
- (v. t.) To make known or acknowledge, as ones sins to a priest, in order to receive absolution; -- sometimes followed by the reflexive pronoun.
• Confessedly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) By confession; without denial.