• Confidence Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Having self-reliance; bold; undaunted.
- (n.) The state of mind characterized by ones reliance on himself, or his circumstances; a feeling of self-sufficiency; such assurance as leads to a feeling of security; self-reliance; -- often with self prefixed.
- (n.) That in which faith is put or reliance had.
- (n.) Giving occasion for confidence.
- (n.) Having an excess of assurance; bold to a fault; dogmatical; impudent; presumptuous.
- (n.) Trustful; without fear or suspicion; frank; unreserved.
- (n.) The act of confiding, trusting, or putting faith in; trust; reliance; belief; -- formerly followed by of, now commonly by in.
- (n.) Private conversation; (pl.) secrets shared; as, there were confidences between them.