• Confirm Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To render valid by formal assent; to complete by a necessary sanction; to ratify; as, to confirm the appoinment of an official; the Senate confirms a treaty.
- (v. t.) To make firm or firmer; to add strength to; to establish; as, health is confirmed by exercise.
- (v. t.) To administer the rite of confirmation to. See Confirmation, 3.
- (v. t.) To strengthen in judgment or purpose.
- (v. t.) To give new assurance of the truth of; to render certain; to verify; to corroborate; as, to confirm a rumor.
• Confirmingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a confirming manner.
• Confirmance Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Confirmation.