• Congregational Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a congregation; conducted, or participated in, by a congregation; as, congregational singing.
- (a.) Belonging to the system of Congregationalism, or to Congregationalist; holding to the faith and polity of Congregationalism; as, a Congregational church.
• Congregationalism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The faith and polity of the Congregational churches, taken collectively.
- (n.) That system of church organization which vests all ecclesiastical power in the assembled brotherhood of each local church.
• Congregationalist Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who belongs to a Congregational church or society; one who holds to Congregationalism.