• Conjugated Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Conjugate
• Conjugate Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) In single pairs; coupled.
- (a.) United in pairs; yoked together; coupled.
- (a.) Containing two or more radicals supposed to act the part of a single one.
- (a.) Agreeing in derivation and radical signification; -- said of words.
- (a.) Presenting themselves simultaneously and having reciprocal properties; -- frequently used in pure and applied mathematics with reference to two quantities, points, lines, axes, curves, etc.
- (n.) A complex radical supposed to act the part of a single radical.
- (v. t.) To inflect (a verb), or give in order the forms which it assumed in its several voices, moods, tenses, numbers, and persons.
- (n.) A word agreeing in derivation with another word, and therefore generally resembling it in signification.
- (v. i.) To unite in a kind of sexual union, as two or more cells or individuals among the more simple plants and animals.
- (v. t.) To unite in marriage; to join.