• Consecutive Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having similarity of sequence; -- said of certain parallel progressions of two parts in a piece of harmony; as, consecutive fifths, or consecutive octaves, which are forbidden.
- (a.) Following as a consequence or result; actually or logically dependent; consequential; succeeding.
- (a.) Following in a train; succeeding one another in a regular order; successive; uninterrupted in course or succession; with no interval or break; as, fifty consecutive years.
• Consecutiveness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state or quality of being consecutive.