• Consistency Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A degree of firmness, density, or spissitude.
- (n.) Agreement or harmony of all parts of a complex thing among themselves, or of the same thing with itself at different times; the harmony of conduct with profession; congruity; correspondence; as, the consistency of laws, regulations, or judicial decisions; consistency of opinions; consistency of conduct or of character.
- (n.) Firmness of constitution or character; substantiality; durability; persistency.
- (n.) That which stands together as a united whole; a combination.
- (n.) The condition of standing or adhering together, or being fixed in union, as the parts of a body; existence; firmness; coherence; solidity.