• Consisting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Consist
• Consist Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To stand firm; to be in a fixed or permanent state, as a body composed of parts in union or connection; to hold together; to be; to exist; to subsist; to be supported and maintained.
- (v. i.) To be composed or made up; -- followed by of.
- (v. i.) To have as its substance or character, or as its foundation; to be; -- followed by in.
- (v. i.) To be consistent or harmonious; to be in accordance; -- formerly used absolutely, now followed by with.
- (v. i.) To insist; -- followed by on.