• Consolidate Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Formed into a solid mass; made firm; consolidated.
- (v. t.) To unite, as various particulars, into one mass or body; to bring together in close union; to combine; as, to consolidate the armies of the republic.
- (v. t.) To make solid; to unite or press together into a compact mass; to harden or make dense and firm.
- (v. t.) To unite by means of applications, as the parts of a broken bone, or the lips of a wound.
- (v. i.) To grow firm and hard; to unite and become solid; as, moist clay consolidates by drying.
• Consolidated Definition & Synonyms
- (p. p. & a.) Made solid, hard, or compact; united; joined; solidified.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Consolidate
- (p. p. & a.) Having a small surface in proportion to bulk, as in the cactus.