• Consoling Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Console
- (a.) Adapted to console or comfort; cheering; as, this is consoling news.
• Consol Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A consolidated annuity (see Consols); -- chiefly in combination or attributively.
• Console Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cheer in distress or depression; to alleviate the grief and raise the spirits of; to relieve; to comfort; to soothe.
- (n.) Any small bracket; also, a console table.
- (n.) A bracket whose projection is not more than half its height.