• Constitution Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The aggregate of all ones inherited physical qualities; the aggregate of the vital powers of an individual, with reference to ability to endure hardship, resist disease, etc.; as, a robust constitution.
- (n.) The act or process of constituting; the action of enacting, establishing, or appointing; enactment; establishment; formation.
- (n.) The fundamental, organic law or principles of government of men, embodied in written documents, or implied in the institutions and usages of the country or society; also, a written instrument embodying such organic law, and laying down fundamental rules and principles for the conduct of affairs.
- (n.) The aggregate of mental qualities; temperament.
- (n.) An authoritative ordinance, regulation or enactment; especially, one made by a Roman emperor, or one affecting ecclesiastical doctrine or discipline; as, the constitutions of Justinian.
- (n.) The state of being; that form of being, or structure and connection of parts, which constitutes and characterizes a system or body; natural condition; structure; texture; conformation.
• Constitutionalist Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who advocates a constitutional form of government; a constitutionalist.